UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

NOTW // ORLY Ruby.

Since my not so good Glossy Box arrived, I have in fact been wearing this polish every day since opening the box. It was the only item I truly liked and was able to use. I've been meaning to try ORLY for awhile, you hear such great things about the brand, they have so many gorgeous polishes that I need to make room for. 
The polish everyone received with Glossy Box, if they had the same box as me, was in the shade Ruby. I'm a big fan of red polish, I own a fair few from a number of brands, higher end and drugstore. 

And I was very happy with it :)
So since the 30th, this has been my go to colour, I've applied it twice since then because of chipping. However I didn't even use a topcoat. So for a polish to last 5 days at a time without big chips and no topcoat is pretty amazing. Most polishes last about a day before chipping when I don't apply a topcoat. The polish itself glides on and I love the brush with this polish, it's the right size and sturdy. 


As for the finish, the polish itself is very shiny, again, no need for a topcoat on top. I applied two thin coats of polish to get this finished result. I'd be sure to buy some more ORLY polishes, if they're all like this. I also love the bottles from ORLY, they're a lot easier to finds in your drawer with the dot indents and O on the lid.


The Ruby polish featured is a mini from ORLY. Which is a great way to try out more polishes, you never 100% finish a polish. 
Have you tried ORLY before?
What colours do you recommend?

13 comments

  1. I've seen Orly a lot but never tried it, always thought the bottles were really small for some reason. Loving that colour though, I have a similar one by Essie on atm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a really nice colour, wish I had gotten this in my box X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It;s the one thing I like from mine :D So glad I got it :d
      x

      Delete
  3. Orly polishes are lovely, and this colour is gorgeous! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous colour and it sounds great! Will definitely be checking this out! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, perfect red if u ask me!
      x

      Delete
  5. I pretty much agree. This is by far the best thing about Feb's Glossybox. If I had received the eyeliner in a colour I'd actually use I'd have been more impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eek, Jan Glossybox. I get confused sometimes.

      Delete
    2. haha same, the boxes confused me, I left for Carmine, I'd recommend them,

      Delete

I love receiving and reading comments. I'll always get back to you. If you have any urgent questions feel free to tweet or email me. All found in the sidebar or top of my blog. Lucy xx

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig